RKTB Architects, a recognized leader in multifamily housing and K -12 school design in New York City, is strongly committed to the twin goals of design excellence and social equity throughout our work. We have over 50 years of experience shaping the very fabric of our communities for both public and private clients. Our highly-regarded reputation has been based on a combination of creative talent, technical knowledge, and the superb quality of service that we afford our clients all marked by a highly collaborative spirit both outside and inside the office. We pride ourselves on our collegiality and welcome resumes from motivated individuals who are interested in joining our team.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
The firm has the following opening:
JUNIOR / INTERMEDIATE ARCHITECT
Join our practice as an Intermediate Architect for the opportunity to learn and build a rewarding career. This position will focus on the design and technical aspects of projects of varying sizes and complexity, with a focus on the rehabilitation of public housing.
- A motivated, well organized, self-starter eager to learn and share.
- Completion of a five or six-year architectural degree program.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience.
- Experience with rehabilitation and new construction.
- Experience working with public agencies (NYCHA, DASNY, SCA, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with field investigation and documentation of existing conditions.
- Strong Construction Document experience including detailing and specifications.
- Experience with consultant and client coordination.
- Experience with Construction Administration.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong AutoCAD skills, Revit knowledge and visualization skills are a plus.
- Full time position.
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills.
- Collegial and supportive work environment working directly with firm principals and senior associates. RKTB is a 30-person office.
- Central Chelsea location convenient to transportation.
- Mentoring and support opportunities for IDP and ARE.
- Opportunities for future growth and advancement within firm.