RKTB Architects, a recognized leader in multifamily housing and K -12 school design in New York City, is strongly committed to the twin goals of design excellence and social equity throughout our work. We have over 50 years of experience shaping the very fabric of our communities for both public and private clients. Our highly-regarded reputation has been based on a combination of creative talent, technical knowledge, and the superb quality of service that we afford our clients all marked by a highly collaborative spirit both outside and inside the office. We pride ourselves on our collegiality and welcome resumes from motivated individuals who are interested in joining our team.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
The firm has the following openings:
MARKETING AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
RKTB is currently looking for a full-time, experienced Marketing/Administrative Assistant whose primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to the Marketing Director and Principals of the firm. This includes but is not limited to preparing mailings and general correspondence, qualifications packages and proposals, brochures, presentations, award applications, and miscellaneous announcements. You will write, edit, and help lay out marketing materials; promote RKTB's project portfolio through social media; interface with our consultants; and participate in business development initiatives. In addition to the primary duties, you will update and maintain our archives and marketing database, cover the reception desk, and assist with other general office duties.
The ideal candidate will have the potential for growth and be motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and a quick study. Required:
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational capability
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Experience with social media and website management
- Capacity to handle tight deadlines and make independent decisions when necessary
- Expertise in MS Office Suite, particularly in Word and Outlook
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
Relevant experience and demonstrated capability in all of the above are essential; previous experience in an architectural or engineering firm is preferred but not necessary. Deltek Vision knowledge is helpful.
TECHNICAL FIELD REPRESENTATIVE
Join our practice as an Architectural Field Representative for the opportunity to build a rewarding and prosperous career. This position will be a minimum two-year commitment as RKTB’s site representative during the construction of a new 50,000 sf school addition for the NYC SCA located in Brookyn, New York.
- An independent, well organized, and collegial individual to represent RKTB on a construction site with the ability to effectively interact with many varied disciplines.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience with strong technical knowledge of new building design and construction.
- Demonstrated CA experience involving detailed site observation, submittal processing, preparation of minutes and field reports, RFI processing, preparation of bulletins, clarification sketches, and punch lists.
- An individual who can make appropriate value judgements with respect to corrective field work that supports the design concept.
- Familiarity with codes and regulatory agencies.Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong AutoCad / Revit skills. Completion of an architectural or technical degree program.
- Previous SCA experience is strongly desired for this position.
- Full time position predominantly at the job site with occasional time in the office.
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Working directly with firm principals and other experienced team members.
- Collegial and supportive office environment. RKTB is a 25-person office in Chelsea.
- Opportunities for future growth and advancement within firm.